Thursday, November 3, 2011

Care package for our sweet son

Today, the kids and I went shopping and picked out some things for their (adorably cute) little brother Easton. It was a great opportunity to get them involved in the process of bringing him home (evenutally) and teaching them what exactly it means to adopt. Natalie gets that Easton is her brother and will join our family permanently. Colton and Addy...not so much. Colton did, however, take his role as big brother very seriously when it came to picking out the coolest bibs and jammies for his little bro.


Matt, I so wish you could have been part of this. I would have loved to have your help selecting things to send our little Easton. Plus, you would have gotten a kick out of me sitting on the large flat rate priority box (yep, I sat on it) in order to tape it closed. Guess we enjoyed the shopping a little too much. :-) So, here's what we sent our little guy:


-a recordable storybook called Guess How Much I Miss You. A very sweet Korean friend of mine translated the book and wrote out the translation on each page and I recorded myself reading it. This is my favorite thing we sent!


-a soft photo album with pictures of our family

-honey apple body wash ('cuz I love the stuff and that's what Easton will be bathing with just like all the other little Walker crew)


-two pair of mittens


-a cute bear hat for the winter


-a soft blanket sleeper with a monkey on it


-a super soft and snuggly plush blanket (I may have rubbed it against my face in the store...twice)


-a wooden knob puzzle


-a few Cars bibs


-diaper rash ointment (it's incredibly expensive in Korea for some reason)


-two packages of Gerber puffs


-a turtle bath toy


-and two totes for his dear foster mother to carry home all the loot in


I am SO excited to be able to spoil him a little and hope he enjoys everything we sent! We love you Easton!

No comments: