Monday, September 12, 2011

Verses I'm praying over

This post is mostly for me so that I can look at these verses and cling to their promises. These are verses that are on my heart this week and I want to keep reminding myself of. Of course, God's word is sharper than any double edged sword. His Word is alive, so feel free to read these verses as well. They're for you, too!



The Lord is with me. I will not be afraid. What can man to do me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies. Psalm 118:6-7 I will not be afraid Lord Jesus. Countless times I have read in scripture, "do not be afraid," "fear not" and the like. That's no mistake. You have not given me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit (THE spirit) of power, of love, and of self-discipline. There is nothing to fear in this world because you have overcome this world.



Come near to God and he will come near to you. James 4:8 I long to feel your presence all around me Lord. Comfort me in my loneliness. I will call upon your name Father. I will come near to you by submitting to you and your will and by humbly coming before your throne. Your presence is my very life. You uphold me.




Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Lord, I need this reminder. I have much to be joyful about ALWAYS. The joy of your salvation is a reason for never ending joy. My hope and eternity are secure in you first and foremost. Lord, I desire to pray continually--to be in constant fellowship with you. I desire to walk alongside you each and everday. I WILL give thanks in my circumstances because your plan is a good plan. Your plan is designed to give me a hope and a future. Lord, help me to focus on you and be thankful when my circumstances are challenging. Give me an undivided heart focused on you and you alone!



Amen!

No comments: