Friday, September 9, 2011

All consuming fire



Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:28


Lord, consume me! Consume my life: my thoughts, my words, my actions, my service, my worship, my heart. I praise you today for your strength, holiness, power, wisdom, grace, mercy, truth, love, justice, and the gift of your salvation. Without you and apart from you, I am nothing and headed nowhere. With you I find strength, purpose, and rest. I will place my hope, confidence, and trust in you alone because you will not be shaken. My future with you is sure. My circumstances will not control my heart. You alone are my refuge and strength, my ever present help in times of trouble. You are with my always. You are my fortress. Amen!

No comments: