Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bring it on!


Matt surprised me by sending me my favorite flowers today--tulips! So thoughtful. And he even posed with me in the picture. See? On the fridge?

James 1:2-4, 12 says Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face tirals of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. This trial of deployment is part of God's perfect plan to test my faith, bringing about spiritual maturity. I will embrace this opportunity to be transformed more closely to the likeness of Christ. He is my rock my fortress, my strong tower, my comfort, my sheild, my God, my Father, my Savior, my helper and my very life. I don't want to "waste" my suffering by wallowing in pain and self pity rather than letting Him transform my character in this trial. I will fix my eyes upon Him, the Alpha and Omega, the One and Only. Bring on Afghanistan!

No comments: