Friday, December 30, 2011

Missing Easton

Tonight I'm thinking about Easton. It's been 2 1/2 months since we first saw his sweet little face. Next month, he will turn one. And the reality is, we may not even get to go to Korea in 2012 to get him. I can't fathom the thought of not being able to meet my son until 2013. I can't imagine not meeting him until he is two years old. He won't be a baby anymore. He will be a toddler. A talking toddler. A toddler who I've never met and has never met me. A toddler who, at two years old, will be very attached to his foster family, his home, his culture, his language, etc.

It makes me sad, angry, and frustrated that we may have to wait 1+ year to travel. I hope and pray that the Korean government will allow us to travel sometime in 2012 (versus 2013) but that's something that won't become apparent until 2012 unfolds a bit more and we see how things are moving with families ahead of us in line so to speak. I realize I'm rambling...I just feel the need to vent a bit.

God is good. All the time.

We love you Easton Si Hu!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our ATK was the same day as your family (and we narrowly missed meeting you at adoption classes it looks like). I'll be praying for you too that we will be traveling in 2012. I keep telling myself we will - can't imagine thinking past 2012! Happy New Year!