Monday, December 26, 2011

Care Package #2



Well, it's that time again. Time to send Easton a care package. This one is for his first birthday (!) which is next month. The kids and I headed to Target and picked out all his goodies. Colton was especially excited about the hooded frog towel he picked for his little brother. Natalie was pumped about his cute little monkey outfit. Matt was proud of me for sending our son a toothbrush and toothpaste. What kind of a dentist's wife would I be if I didn't encourage good oral hygeine?

We're sending Easton:
-one soft monkey outfit with a hoodie
-a cute, preppy outfit with khakis and a striped hoodie
-party blowers
-a #1 candle
-Leap Frog birthday cake that plays music and lights up
-two packages of Ghirardelli chocolate for his foster family
-Frog hooded towel
-Elmo toothbrush and toothpaste
-plush puppy dog
-around 30 pictures of our family
-a 1st birthday card

I tried my best to write a Korean message in his card. I wrote: "Easton Si Hu, Happy Birthday! We miss you. We love you. Mommy and Daddy." I also wrote Natalie, Colton, and Adelyn's names and ages on the back of some of the pictures I sent. I wrote Mommy (Umma) on the back of a picture of myself and Daddy (Appa)--Afghanistan on the back of his picture. The internet is fantastic--how else would I learn how to write "Afghanistan" in Hangul so easily?

Anyhow, I'm sad we're missing Easton's first birthday, but I'm excited for him to get his birthday presents from us. The kids and I will be braving the post office later this week (hopefully the Christmas craziness will have tapered off by then).

No comments: