Saturday, December 17, 2011

Easton update

Truth be told, I sometimes *almost* forget that we have a son in South Korea. He seems like such a distant reality. However, getting a well baby check in my email inbox reminds me (pleasantly of course) that we do, in fact, have a sweet little baby boy in South Korea afterall. Easton is 10 1/2 month old and I received his medical update from his 10 month checkup a few days ago.

At 10 months old, he weighs 20.2 pounds already and is 28.2 inches tall. That makes him the biggest Walker baby to date. Natalie, Colton, and Adelyn were well past their first birthdays before hitting the 20 pound mark (they've all been fairly small babies). He also stands alone and has even started walking this month! He has taken (as of his well baby check) up to 4 steps before falling. Oh, sweet boy, how I wish I could have seen those first wobbly steps. Again, he's ahead of the Walker family curve. Our oldest three didn't walk until 15 months. Finally, Easton has one tooth on top and two on the bottom.

I'm so thankful to get his medical updates so I can keep track of all the milestones he's hitting even though I'm not there to see them.

I need to start thinking about what to send him for his first birthday (which is in January). I love shopping for ALL my kidlets. :-)

No comments: