Sunday, January 1, 2012

HALFWAY There!!!!



Listen up--this is BIG. We're 50% to the finish line with this deployment. Yippeeeee!!!! I'm so thrilled to be at this point. For the past several months, we've been on the "uphill" portion of Matt being gone. We've survived (and thrived) through birthdays without Daddy, holidays without Daddy, a referral for our sweet son Easton without Daddy, and the 100 other regular days without Daddy. We made it!


I googled "Army homecoming photos" and the most interesting photo popped up. Crazy, huh? It's strangely accurate...


Matt, I'm so proud of you! I am proud to call you my husband and my best friend. I miss you more than I can say. I miss the big things, like all the holidays and birthdays spent apart. More than that, I miss the little things. The strange habits and quirky things that are unique to you and me. The hilarious things we say and do when we are with each other that make us "us." I miss being able to "let down my hair" the way I can when I know you're here to pick up the slack when I'm all out of energy, patience, etc. I miss YOU!


We're on the downhill now! Yay!

No comments: