Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just Mommy and Adelyn

My little blue eyed monkey










Right before out two mile hike on a a WARM and WINDY day


She loves this little rocking horse




My parents live only and hour away (awesomeness) and offered to keep Natalie and Colton for a few nights earlier this week. They were so excited to spend a few days with Nana and Papa. And I was beyond thrilled to have some extended one on one time with Addy Hope. She is hilarious and quite the charmer. We had so much fun together shopping, spending time outside, playing dress up (yeah, that was mostly just her), reading books, and playing tag (she loved to be chased and tickled).




You know, when Natalie was born, I thought it was SO HARD to be a mom. And it was. My life went from being all about me to all about a baby pretty quickly. It's a major transition becoming a parent. When Colton was born, it wasn't nearly as big of a transition. We'd done the whole "new baby" thing and found what worked for us fairly quickly. Then, when Addy was born, it was just seamless adding another baby into the family. She has always been a laid back little lady, which certainly helped, but I think the more kids you have the more comfortable you become with adding more to the family. At least, that's been my experience. My point is, having a few days with just one baby again was gloriously simple and I was able to really appreciate it so much more.




No comments: