Thursday, August 4, 2011

A new chapter...








In the very near future, my little (or not) family will be entering into the as yet unchartered territory of what it often means to be a military family: 0ur first deployment! My goal with this fancy shmancy new blog is to document the journey for myself, Matt, the kids, and anyone else who would like to join us. First, let's back up a bit with a little history shall we?

Matt and I have been married seven years (can I get an Amen?) and most of that time has been spend with me barefoot and (usually) pregnant in the kitchen while Matt has been studying (I use that term loosely) in school. Matt graduated from dental school in May of 2010 at which point we became an active duty Army family. The kind folks of the US Army agreed to pay for Matt's dental school education with the agreement that he would serve four years in the Army upon graduation. We're one year in to the Army experience and have loved it so far. Before we go any further, let's have a look at my handsome soldier (above). Isn't he dashing? Moving on...



Our oldest daughter is Natalie (my mini-me). She's smart, compassionate, clever, outgoing, a tad bossy, a definite girly girl and the leader of the pack when it comes to her youger siblings. She's 5 1/2 going on 20--definitely an old soul. We love this little girl to pieces. She's a lover of books first and foremost and also enjoys all things princess. Isn't she lovely?



If Natalie is my mini-me, then Colton is definitely mini Matt. Our 3 1/2 year old son is a lot like his father: talkative, very affectionate, hilarious, energetic, and passionate. Colt is a sweet little guy who isn't afraid to tell you exactly how he is feeling. He loves deeply and wants you to know it! Colton can most often be found zooming around the house in a costume (Spiderman, Batman, Larry Boy, etc.)

Next in the line up is Adelyn (Addy). She is the epitome of a happy baby. Or should I say toddler? She is nearly 15 months old now (gasp). She smiles ALL.THE.TIME. Her Nana (my mom) nicknamed her Joy baby due to her sunny disposition. This little lovie loves to laugh, flirt, eat ice cream, be held, and follow around the dog and her older siblings. Sweetest.baby.ever.


That's us in a nutshell! More to come soon. :-)

No comments: