Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pre-deployment getaway...San Antonio, TX













Hola mis amigas! Matt and I are in sunny and HOT San Antonio, TX. We flew in Sunday evening. Matt has been attending an oral surgery CE conference M-F. Fun times I'm sure. Apparently yesterday they even got the opportunity to start IVs on one another and to suture pig feet. Dentists are a crazy bunch. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I digress...

While Matt has been at the conference conveniently located inside the hotel where we're staying ( the beautiful Hotel Contessa) at the Riverwalk, I've been lounging in our suite on the 8th floor. I had grand intentions of working out in the fitness center (haven't set foot in there since we got here) and lounging in the rooftop pool (my swim suit is still crumpled up in my suitcase somewhere near the bottom). Instead, I've been reading, playing on the internet, eating tasty food, drinking coffee, watching people get married right outside my window down on the Riverwalk (really) and watching a ridiculous amount of TLC. I don't have cable at home. TLC shows are like crack to me. I can't get enough of all the baby shows and Four Weddings. Who's with me? *crickets chirp*

Matt has a 90 minute lunch break each day and gets done by 4 PM for the day. So, we've had plenty of time to go out to eat, go to the theater, walk around the mall, and just stroll along the Riverwalk. It's been LOVELY. With having three small children at home, any time that Matt and I get alone is so precious. It's been wonderful to reconnect, go out to dinner, and just walk holding hands (instead of pushing a stroller). I'm so thankful we were able to have this little getaway before Matt heads east....way east.


However, tomorrow we must go home and get back to life as usual. Dear Nana (my mom) has been watching our three little monsters angels. Apparently they've been having a rocking good time going to the pool nearly everday (go Mom!). Matt and I are anxious to see their sweet faces tomorrow--we miss our littles!

No comments: