Thursday, April 5, 2012

He's coming home!!!

We are making signs
We are getting ready
to welcome Daddy home!
We won't be doing this (skype) much longer!
Can't wait to welcome our soldier HOME.
That's right--he's coming home--SOON!!!! I can hardly stand the anticipation. It's close folks. I mean, close enough that I need to go to the store and stock up on his favorites (Coke, chips, ice cream, and pizza--I didn't marry a health nut). Someone told me that the last part of deployment is just as hard as the first part. At first, it's the grief that's so hard. At the end, it's the anticipation. I thought that statement was ridiculous! What's hard about knowing your beloved is coming home soon? Yeah...I spoke too soon. While I wouldn't say that it's just as hard as in the beginning (those were dark times...) it is harder than I thought to WAIT. If you know me well, then you are probably aware that I'm not exactly patient by nature. So, I find myself having a very hard time focusing, sleeping, putting a sentence together etc. because I'm just so ANXIOUS to see Matt again.
On the other hand, it's hard to actually believe that he's going to be back home soon. I've gotten so used to him not being here that it's hard to imagine anything different. Of course, it's going to be a welcome change. It's just a little surreal to picture him walking off an airplane HERE.
Alright, I'm going to go back to tapping my foot now. Carry on.

No comments: