Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter, part two "The Call"



"Daddy, let's play superheroes together again soon." -Colton
"Daddy, I want to be a snugglebug with with!" -Natalie

As we were sitting down to eat Easter lunch, I received the most anticipated call of the last seven months of my life: "Babe, I'm coming home today." HALLELUJAH!!! Matt would be making the last leg of his long journey home on Easter night. He was expected to arrive just after 9 PM local time. I got off the phone and was just in shock. Honestly, it was surreal to me to think that the kids and I were actually going to see him, in person, that very night!
Natalie had been praying for weeks that Daddy would be home on Easter and I had been telling her that it was unlikely he would be home that soon (he wasn't supposed to be home for a full week after Easter), but that of course God can do anything. What a beautiful way to have her faith in God affirmed and encouraged by such a direct answer to her prayer.
I announced to all my guests that Matt was coming home that evening, so we headed outside to start decorating. Aggghhhh! This is really happening!
To be continued...

No comments: