Saturday, October 8, 2011

Busy week

Well, I just realized today that I had completely neglected my blog this past week. We had several days that sort of threw me off this week I guess you could say. First, Colton had some *digestive* issues last Monday throughout the day (and evening). On Tuesday, I took Natalie to the homeschool academy she attends once each week (an hour away). It was picture day and she was also student of the week. It was also show and tell day. Getting out of the house that morning by 7:45 was no small task! Then, the little kids and I spent the whole day with a friend and her two little girls until it was time to pick up Natalie at school. Wednesday morning we were supposed to head to a pumpkin patch with Colton's preschool class. He had been anxiously anticipating the field trip for many weeks. I went to wake him up to get ready for school and within ten seconds of waking up he started throwing up...forcefully. Poor little guy was so disappointed he couldn't go to the pumpkin patch with his friends. He threw up several times in the morning (even out of his nose!) but by the afternoon he was completely back to normal. Strange little virus! On Thursday the kids and I went to a playgroup on post, ran errands, had Pizza Hut for lunch, went on a nature walk to collect leaves, and perhaps most noteworthy, I started reading The Help. Oh.my.goodness. It was an amazing book. The past 48 hours I've had to squeeze in child rearing, sleeping, and eating around my desire to read this book. I finished it this morning. Have you read it? I stopped reading fiction several years ago for this very reason. A good book is like a black hole to me. If I start reading good fiction novels again regularly, my kids will likely turn into undisciplined little monsters running in the street willy nilly while I'm inside sitting in stretchy pants and a tank top with my nose buried in a book amidst a houseful of clutter. Yes, it's true. I have been known to neglect my parental duties almost entirely in order to read a book. In case you haven't read The Help yet, go read it. Now. You will thank me later. And now that I've finished it, I really should go see the movie. And then I can get back to life as usual.

No comments: