Friday, February 24, 2012

Natalie's News

See the little space on the bottom where her tooth was?
So excited!
Natalie has had a loose tooth for about a month. She has literally been praying that it would fall out. The only problem? She wouldn't wiggle it at all or let me touch it. So, I anticipated that wiggly tooth would just keep hanging on for dear life for quite a while. But, I forgot to account for my own impatience (silly me). So, on Wednesday night, I just asked Natalie if I could see her tooth. When she opened up, I reached in with a little piece of cloth and pulled it out. Don't worry, it didn't hurt her one little bit. She didn't even notice I did it until I showed her the tooth--that's how loose it was. Anyhow, as soon as I showed it to her she started giggling and jumping up and down. Later, she asked Colton to sit on the couch with her and think about what the tooth fairy might bring her. I told her that I am, in fact, the tooth fairy. That didn't seem to bother her at all--she still knew something would show up under her pillow that night. It turns out the tooth fairy has gotten more generous that when I was a kid. Natalie woke up with a $5 bill under her pillow (I didn't have any $1 bills in my wallet...). She's growing up way too fast...

No comments: